3M Worktunes are designed to provide you with hearing protection and at the same time, entertainment.
When using these earmuffs, you will be able to listen to your favorite must from the radio or mobile phone, and at the same time work.
Whether you are undertaking lawn mowing, woodworking, or any other activity, you should highly consider going for these ear protectors.
Are you wondering why you should buy them? read this enlightening 3M Worktunes Bluetooth review:
Why should you buy 3M work tunes?
There are plenty of attractive features that come with these units. These features include:
- Comfort: To ensure that you are comfortable when working, these protection devices come with a number of comfort features such as plush ear cushions and padded headband.
- The voice assist technology makes it easy for you to control and choose your desired radio station without having to remove the headset.
- Bluetooth wireless technology: The Bluetooth technology has over the years matured and you will find it in most smartphones and other devices. Since you are able to link your devices to the earmuffs using the technology, you don’t have to worry about cords getting in the way and disrupting you when working.
- Auto scanning helps you to easily find and save your favorite radio stations
- Easy to use controls that are conveniently located within easy reach of the headset
- The hearing protection devices have a durable design that can last for a long time
- For you to operate them, you need to have 2 AA batteries. Unlike other protection devices that exhaust their batteries within a short time, these don’t. This is because they have an automatic shut-off that extends the life of the batteries.
- When you go for more than 2 hours without using the protection devices, they shut themselves off automatically thus protecting you from using a lot of energy.
- Since you are looking for hearing protection, these units sport a noise reduction rating (NRR) of 24dB. While the value isn’t spectacular, it’s not horrible either. When you wear the units properly, they will provide you with the noise protection that you are looking for.
- It’s common to want to put the volume up so that you can keep as much noise from your ears as possible. While you might think that you are protecting your hearing, you might be damaging it.
- The headphones have a safe volume technology. The role of the technology is to correct the audio levels to a safe exposure level so that you don’t damage your hearing.
- The last thing you want is having to remove the protectors when working. To ensure that this doesn’t happen, the headsets have an audio assist technology that guides you through setting up and operating the electronics without taking off the earmuffs.
- What should you watch out when using the earmuffs?
Flaws Of 3M Worktunes
Like the two sides to a coin, 3M worktunes have their fair share of negatives. I personally don't like the radio feature as I don't like listening to music when working.
But if you don't mind the music you should definitely go for them.
I have come across fellow workers who report that the Bluetooth feature is junk as it keeps on disconnecting. I've had mine for over two years and have never come across this problem.
Maybe you should buy the pieces and try them out.
How should you wear these earmuffs?
For you to get maximum hearing protection, you need to wear the headsets properly.
You should start with placing the earmuffs on the head with the band at the top of the head.
At this position, pull out the cups and place the units over your ears, ensuring that the ear cushions fit snugly.
For the cushions to exert equal pressure around the ears, you should ensure that the cups fully enclose the ears.
You should ensure that you get a good seal to prevent any noise from getting in.
You can do this by adjusting the height of both the cup.
All you need to do is to slide the cup up or down while holding the earmuff in place.
If there is anything such as hair or anything that can prevent you from having a good seal, you should get rid of it.
When it comes to storage, don’t store the pieces at temperatures above 131 degrees Fahrenheit.
You also should avoid bending or reshaping the headband. This is because doing so has been shown to create a loose fit and sound leakages.
How do you take care of 3M Worktunes Bluetooth Headbands?
For the pieces to last for a long time and give you a great service, you need to take good care of them.
When you are looking to clean them, you should disassemble them. You should then go ahead and sponge clean them with warm, soapy water. Once you are done, rinse them thoroughly.
Regardless of how clean you want them to be, you should avoid using solvents as you will damage the body.
Once you are done, let the foam liner dry completely before you re-insert it into the ear cups.
Before you use the pieces for lawn mowing, or any other activity, inspect them for any defects they might be having.
Are there worn out or cracked parts? You should consider repairing the parts before use. If repair is out of the question, you have no way out other than to replace them.
When you use the pieces regularly, you should expect the foam cushions to last for at least 6 months after which you should replace them.
How can you get the most from 3M Worktunes?
When you properly use the pieces, you will easily reduce the noise exposure. Improper wearing or wearing damaged pieces will lead great reduction in the effectiveness of the units.
While the wireless pieces have their perks, they are often expensive; therefore, when you are looking to buy them, you should be ready to part with a substantial amount of money.
You might even have to part with double the amount you would have spent on the wired pieces.